- Participation: Teachers and students may earn points to determine their ranking within the Series by participating at any one of the Superstar Dance Series events. Teachers competing in the series must have their NDCA dues up to date and be posted on NDCA website. If not, they will forfeit all winnings for themselves and their students.
- Events & Leaderboard: The only official list of events can be found on the website, www.superstardanceseries.com. If events cancel, Superstar Dance Series is not responsible. Up-to-date status of teacher and student rankings will be posted online at www.superstardanceseries.com.
- Overall Top Awards/Prize Money: Competitors winning Overall Top Awards at the end of the Series must be present at the awards presentation and participating as a competitor at Hotlanta the Classic. (Exception: medical reasons or death in the family in writing). Top Awards will be based on accumulation of your entries, callbacks, placement and bonus points earned throughout the 2014 Series Events. Top Awards will be given at Hotlanta the Classic to winners in the following categories:
- Top 3 Teachers:
i. 1st Place: $10,000
ii. 2nd Place: $5,000
iii. 3rd Place: $3,000
4. Top 3 Overall Pro/Am Students will receive a trophy as well as vouchers in the following amounts:
Top Students may only receive vouchers for one category: Top Bronze, Top Silver, Top Gold, or Top Overall.
i. 1st Place Student: $1,000
ii. 2nd Place Student: $700
iii. 3rd Place Student: $300
- Top Studio will receive the Superstar Dance Series trophy.
5. Point Accumulation System:
- Teachers, Studios and Students will accumulate points from one Superstar Dance Series event to another towards Overall Top Awards for the year.
- Pro/Am Teachers and Students: Each and every recall from preliminary rounds of single dance and 2-dance events will receive 4 points and from 3-4-5 dance events will receive 5 points.
i. Pro/Am Showcase or solos exhibitions: 1 point per entry
ii. Pro/Am Single Dance and 2-Dance Competitive Entries:
1st Place: 8 pts
2nd Place: 7 pts
3rd Place: 6 pts
4th Place: 5 pts
5th Place: 4 pts
6th Place: 3 pts
7th Place: 2 pts
8th Place: 1 pts
iii. Pro/Am 3-4-5 Dance Competitive Entries
1st Place: 20 pts
2nd Place: 15 pts
3rd Place: 10 pts
4th Place: 8pts
5th Place: 6 pts
6th Place: 4 pts
7th Place: 2 pts
8th Place: 2 pts
- Preteens, Juniors and Youth:
i. If couples or Pro/Ams pay full fees they receive same as adult entries. If couples or Pro/Ams pay reduced fees they receive ½ points. If couples or Pro/Ams pay no fees they receive no points.
- Top Studio:
i. To qualify, you must have a minimum of two teachers competing in Pro/Am.
ii. Multi owned studios with different locations, can not combine scores.
iii. Studios will receive 1 point per entry.
iv. All entries must be danced at Superstar Dance Series events to receive points.
- Any discrepancies in scoring or point accumulation must be reported in writing by using the Discrepancy Report Form on the website and must be filed no later than 30 days after the event posted date on the Leader Board. If not, points will not count.
- Discrepancy reports must be made in writing via the Discrepancy Report Form on the website www.superstardanceseries.com. Telephone calls, email, word of mouth, facebook, twitter or any other form of reporting discrepancies will not be accepted.
- Please do not contact Eddie Ares regarding any type of discrepancies or grievance regarding Superstar Dance Series.
- Teachers and students are subject to forfeiture of all points and awards for unsportsmanlike conduct, for each infraction.
- All discrepancies must be filed before the week of Hotlanta the Classic. No discrepancies will be taken during or the week of Hotlanta the Classic.